CNMI is now part of WICHE!
Now that the CNMI is a part of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE), CNMI residents are eligible to be considered for discounted tuition rates at more than 150 colleges and universities in California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, and other western states.
For Undergraduate Students:
The WICHE Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) lets CNMI students study in 15 western states and pay just 150 percent of resident tuition (as opposed to higher nonresident rate) at more than 150 institutions (Note: receiving the WUE rate is not automatic, but all students in member states and territories like the CNMI (are eligible to be considered for it.)
The savings are quite considerable. For example, a CNMI resident who enrolls at the University of Las Vegas in Nevada (UNLV) had to pay a nonresident tuition of $19,040 in annual tuition. Through the WUE program, CNMI residents are now eligible for consideration to pay the WUE rate of $7,695, a savings of more than $11,000 per year!
Click Here To Access:
For Graduate Students:
For CNMI students pursuing their master's or doctorate degree, the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) allows residents of the CNMI to enroll in some 275 high-quality programs at 52 participating institutions in the WICHE states and pay resident tuition. The WICHE states are Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
The areas of graduate study include:
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, and Gender Studies
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communication, Journalism, and Technology
- Computer and Information Sciences
- English Language
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Foreign Languages, Literature, and Linguistics
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Science
- Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
- Public Health
- Natural Resources and Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, and Tourism; Leisure and Fitness Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Psychology and Mental Health
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions
- Security and Protective Services
- Social Sciences and Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Visual, Performing Arts, Art History
Click Here To Access: