Education after high school is highly important for a successful career and can be a costly investment, but we’re here to help! NMC Financial Aid Office offers a variety of financial aid opportunities that enables you to pursue an education at the Northern Marianas College.
We are committed to serving our PROAS. Should you desire to visit our office, our office hours are as follows:
Open: Monday – Thursday, 9:00AM – 3:00PM
Closed: Fridays, Weekends, and Holidays (Closed for Processing Applications)
Request for a Virtual Meeting
We are happy to assist you virtually. Send us an email indicating your interest in meeting and we can schedule a Zoom appointment to your convenience.
When applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will be asked for the Federal School Code of the institution you plan to enroll in.
NMC’s Federal School Code is: 015746.
Income Adjustment Requests
- The household information on the FAFSA is used to calculate a student’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC is a figure intended to represent the financial strength of a student’s household and used to determine Pell Grant eligibility. This 2021-2022 school year, if an EFC exceeds the maximum EFC of 5846, you will be considered ineligible to receive the Pell Grant.
The FAFSA uses income information reported from two years ago, which assumes that income earned over time remains stable. However, that is not always the case. There are instances where families experience special circumstances that impact the household’s financial situation. On a case-by-case basis, the Financial Aid Office, may adjust a household’s income information to reflect the current household situation.
If you or your family members experienced the following situations, you may qualify for an income adjustment request:
- Loss of Income
- Reduction of Employment Hours, Termination, Furlough
- Unexpected Expenses
- Medical, Dental, Funeral, or Typhoon Damages
- Other Special Circumstances
Please contact us directly for additional information on how to proceed.
- Loss of Income
Note: If you already have an EFC of zero (0), you are not eligible for an income adjustment. In addition, submitting an income adjustment request does not guarantee a student will be eligible.
Important dates to remember:
- 2022 - 2023 FAFSA Application: The application is available to apply! Submit an application no later than June 16, 2023.
- 2023 - 2024 FAFSA Application is available to apply!
The NMC Financial Aid Office provides assistance with completing financial aid applications. To view the various financial aid we offer, please click here: Scholarship & Grants