The NMC Criminal Justice Program prepares students for career employment in criminal justice agencies including police, courts, corrections, and emerging alternative programs. The program curriculum emphasizes both a theoretical and a practical approach to the major fields of criminal justice. The program trains citizens and current and future criminal justice professionals to have excellent oral and written communication skills, cognitive and analytical skills, and an understanding and appreciation of the diversity in society.
The Associate in Applied Science in Criminal Justice is designed to prepare students for middle-management positions in law enforcement/public safety occupations and will give students an excellent head start toward these careers:
- Forensic Technician
- Private Investigator
- Corporate Security Analyst
- Juvenile Offender Counselor
- Private Security Officer
- Corrections Officer
- Legal Assistant
- Probation Officer
- Probation Officer
- Criminal Investigator
- Loss Prevention Investigator
- Rock Concert Security Specialist
- Criminal Justice Researcher
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Criminal Justice Systems Analyst
- Parole Agent
- Court Clerk
- Police Officer
In collaboration with the Northern Marianas College, the University of Guam School of Business and Public Administration (SBPA) offers a 3+1 program for students interested in receiving a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (BSCJ) degree.
The 3+1 BSCJ Program is available to new and current NMC students, or alumni who have already received an associate’s degree, and would like to continue their education, achieving a next-level degree.
Students will be allowed to start their journey at NMC and finish their final courses from UOG with a bachelor’s degree without having to leave the CNMI!
- Associate in Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Associate in Science in Fire Science Technology
- Certificate of Completion in Basic Law Enforcement
- Certificate of Completion in Basic Law Enforcement Corrections Officer Track
- Certificate of Completion in Basic Law Enforcement Customs & Bio-Security Track
- Certificate of Completion in Fire Science Technology
*All Certificate of Completion programs are currently only offered to cadets/students in one of the partnering academies with NMC
* The Associate of Science in Fire Science Technology degree includes courses that are currently only offered through fire training academies in partnership with NMC. The degree is recommended for those who have obtained a Certificate of Completion in Fire Science Technology or those who have completed the program required courses in other institutes.