As you may have read, there have been three individuals in our community who have tested positive for Covid-19. Based on information from the Governor’s Covid-19 Task Force, the individuals are currently being monitored and are in a designated quarantine site.
We ask the College community to stay informed and prepared for a possible community spread. NMC is in close communication with both the Commonwealth Healthcare Corporation (CHCC) and the task force to ensure that we have the latest and most accurate information available. The College also has measures in place to address possible positive cases on campus.
The latest College updates regarding Covid-19 can be found on the NMC website where there is a section specifically dedicated to Covid-19 updates. Updates will also be shared through NMC email, on the College’s social media pages (@NMC.Proa for Facebook/Instagram, @GoProa for Twitter), and local media outlets if necessary.
Continue to Exercise Proper Hygiene
As always, note the following reminders / guidance to help limit the spread of Covid-19 in our community:
- Wear a mask or face-covering when in public spaces. Masks are required when on NMC campuses on Saipan, Tinian, and Rota.
- Get vaccinated if you have not done so already.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Wear a face cover in public spaces and common areas.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Rather than into your hand, cover your cough or sneeze with a bent elbow or handkerchief or into a tissue. Throw used tissue away immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.