Prospective StudentsInternational StudentCurrent StudentProa Portal

Register for NMC's Intercession Semester on Dec. 1-2 (November 28, 2011)

The Northern Marianas College has announced that it will be offering academic courses during a new Intersession semester, where courses will meet for approximately three weeks from December 5-29, 2011.

This new semester or "Intersession" was created to help students achieve their educational goals; it is ideal for those who need one or two courses to graduate or for those who want to lighten their academic load during upcoming semesters.

In addition, the College will be accepting applications from new students for the Intersession. To learn more about deadlines and requirements for new students, including information on financial aid, contact Romeo Cuellar at 234-5498 ext. 1345, email [email protected], or visit the Counseling and Career Center (Building I) for more information.

The College offers several degree and certificate programs, including bachelor of science degrees in education (emphasis on elementary education, special education, early childhood education, or rehabilitation and human services), associate degrees in business, business administration (emphasis on accounting, business management, or computer applications), liberal arts, nursing, natural resources management, criminal justice, and hospitality management. Moreover, it offers short-term certificate programs in different vocational, academic, and professional areas.

Registration for the intersession semester is on Thursday, December 1 and Friday, December 2, 2011 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Also, note the following days below:

Intersession Semester Important Dates

December 1-2, 2011 Registration Days
December 5-6, 2011 Add/Drop Days (100% Refund)
December 8, 2011 Holiday
December 9, 2011 Last Day for 80% Refund
December 13, 2011 Last Day for 40% Refund
December 16, 2011 Last Day to Withdraw from Courses
December 26, 2011 Holiday
December 29, 2011 Last Day of Instruction
December 30-31, 2011 Final Exams
January 2, 2012 Holiday
January 3, 2012 Grades Due
Ongoing students must clear any outstanding balances at the Finance Office, the Library or the Curriculum Resource Center before they can register for classes. To find out if any balances exist, students can visit the Office of Admissions and Records. For more information about the Intersession semester, log on to to view the Frequently-Asked-Questions (FAQs) section, class schedules and important dates. For additional information or inquiries, contact the Office of Admissions and Records at 234-5498 ext. 1528.

:::  Back to NMC News list  :::

Notice to Persons with Disabilities

Northern Marianas College (NMC) is committed to ensuring that all persons have equal access to its programs, opportunities, and information resources, including those on its institutional website in accordance to the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

We apologize for any inconvenience as we work on bringing NMC’s website into full compliance. For immediate assistance, please contact Lucille Deleon Guerrero by email [email protected] or by calling (670) 237-6874.

If you wish to report an issue related to the accessibility of any content on NMC’s website, including a complaint about the accessibility of a document, form, or statement, you may do so by contacting the NMC’s IT Department by email at [email protected]. In your email please include the following information:

  1. The URL you are having accessibility issues with;
  2. The accessibility issue your are experiencing;
  3. Your name, phone number, and email address.

If you would like to file a formal grievance against the Northern Marianas College pursuant to the requirements of Section 504 and Title II, you may submit such grievance to the Office of the NMC President, P.O. Box 501250, Saipan MP 96950 or email [email protected].

You may also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) Office for Civil Rights. More information about filing a complaint with USDOE can be found at